Advanced Beginner's Chess Class - Virtual Workshop - Ages 7 and up - Tuesdays 11:00am-12:00 or Wednesdays 11:00am-12:00
Join us for anadvanced beginner's chess courses focused on building skill, strategy, and competitive spirit. The 6-week chess courses includes Master Class Lectures, group instruction, homework, chess puzzle analysis, in depth master game analysis, and an online blitz tournament in the final week.
Chess is known as a noble game – “a game of kings“, and it is no coincidence, as it takes/develops similar skills. Chess teaches you to have a goal and overcome the obstacles on your way there. A person with the facility to win at chess is ready to conquer any complex problem.
Join us to:
- Improve your aptitude in recognizing patterns
- Sharpen problem-solving skills
- Master the skills of careful observation, concentration, and focus
- Learn the values of commitment, responsibility for own actions and acceptance of the consequences
- Instill a sense of self-confidence and self-worth
- Impress your peers and family with your cunning chess moves
This course will be held live via Zoom. All classes will be recorded and privately given to all students if they want to revisit the lesson at their leisure or if they were absent and want to catch up on what was missed.
We will run an unofficial online chess tournament for the final class. The 1st place winner of the tournament will receive a chess book as prize. The student with the most points acquired for solving chess puzzles and completing the homework will receive a chess book as a prize.